GUARDIAN RFID inmate identification solutions are faster, more durable, and more capable.
Visually and electronically identify and manage your inmate population on every budget.
RFID wristbands enhance security and point-of-contact identification and activity logging. Economical and easy to use, RFID wristbands are difficult to remove and swap.Learn More
GUARDIAN RFID Cards are plastic badges that can have a longer useful life than wristbands, sometimes resulting in a lower replacement rate than wristbands. RFID Cards support larger mugshots to see identifying information from greater distances than wristbands.Learn More
RFID vs. Barcodes and QR Codes.
GUARDIAN RFID has a number of advantages over barcodes: ease of use, read speed (20x faster than manual or barcode scanning), and durability. Barcode has a number of disadvantages:
- Barcodes can fade and become easily unreadable in a short period of time – especially in corrections.
- Barcodes can be more difficult to scan because they rely on clear line of sight; a barcode can also be convex – where the lines on the barcode partially wrap around the inmate’s wrist, making it difficult and time consuming to auto ID the offender.
- Barcodes can be easily duplicated – potentially undermining data integrity.
- Print name, booking number, date of birth, mugshot, and other data onto armband insert or ID card
- GUARDIAN RFID waterproof armband labels (individually perforated) prevent ink smudging and easy separation
- Full-color, high-yield wristband label printing
- Metal and plastic fasteners supported
- Web-based RFID wristband and ID Card activation support via GUARDIAN RFID OnDemand
- Internal security prevents inmates from being able to be associated with more than one active RFID armband or ID card
- Perform RFID Wristband or RFID Card Headcounts via Mobile Command and electronically verify inmate attendance instantly
- Wide range of inmate activity logging, inmate movements, and medication passes integrate support for RFID wristbands or RFID Card